PNB Aadhar Link | Link Aadhaar to Punjab National Bank: Aadhar card is an identity based on high-security features. Because of its features and popularity in India, almost all the banks started Aadhaar seeding with bank accounts. This PNB Aadhar Link process has been started to prevent money laundering (Maintenance of Records) under the second amendment rule 2017. According to this amendment, all the accounts (Current/Savings) must be seeded and authenticated with a biometric or Yes-No facility.
PNB Aadhar Link – Methods to Link Aadhar Card with PNB Online
The PNB (Punjab National Bank) is one of the popular banks in India. PNB Bank Account Holders can link their Bank accounts online or offline. In the online method, PNB customers can link Aahar with PNB Accounts through the website, net banking, and SMS. In offline methods, customers will have to visit a nearby PNB branch.
PNB Aadhar Link Online
PNB Customers can Link Aadhar with PNB Bank accounts by following one out of these three online methods:
- PNB Aadhar Link via Website
- PNB Aadhar Link via Net Banking
- PNB Aadhar Link via SMS
PNB Aadhar Link via Website
PNB Saving/Current Account holders can link their PNB Accounts with Aadhar through the Bank’s official website. Follow these simple steps for PNB Aadhar Link:
Step 1: Go to the official portal of PNB Bank (pnbindia.in).
Step 2: Open the ‘Aadhaar Update’ option (available in the right side menu of the homepage).
Step 3: Click the ‘CLICK HERE FOR OTP BASED AADHAAR SEEDING’ link on the next page.
Step 4: Now, fill in your bank account number and Captcha code.
Step 5: Click the “Continue” button to get an OTP on your registered mobile number.
Step 6: Enter the OTP & Captcha and click on Validate button. Once the validation process is done, you will be redirected to another page.
Step 7: Enter your Aadhaar number on this page and click the “Continue” button.
Step 8: You will get another OTP on your number Linked with Aadhaar.
Step 9: Enter this OTP and click the “Validate” button.
Step 10: You will see your details on the screen after successfully validating OTP.
PNB Aadhar Link via Net Banking
PNB Bank account holders with a Net banking facility can link Aadhar with their PNB Bank account by logging in to their net banking. If the customer is not using the net banking facility and still wants to link their PNB Bank Account with Aadhaar using this method, they must apply for it and get their net-banking credentials from the Bank first. Customers who already have a net banking service active can follow this process for PNB Aadhar Link:
- First, go to the Net banking portal of Punjab National Bank (netpng.com)
- Click on Retail or Corporate Internet Banking
- Login by using your User ID and Password
- In the ‘Service’ Section, click on the “Requests” link
- Now choose the Aadhaar linking with your bank account option
- On the next page, enter your Aadhaar twice and click on the “Confirm” button
- You will get a message on the screen “Your request has been submitted successfully.”
- You will get a confirmation message on successfully linking your Aadhaar with your bank account.
PNB Aadhar Link via SMS
PNB account holders also have a more easy and convenient method to link their PNB bank account with Aadhar using SMS service. This method is very quick and instant. Follow these steps to link PNB Bank Account with Aadhaar Card:
- Open messaging app on your smartphone
- Type a message in the format AADHAR<space><Account number><space><Aadhaar number>
- Sent this message to 5607040, with your mobile number registered with the bank account.
- You will get confirmation from the Bank on successfully linking your PNB bank account with Aadhaar.
Link Aadhaar To Punjab National Bank Account Offline
- Through PNB Bank Branch
- Through PNB ATM
PNB Aadhar Link through Bank Branch
If you cannot link your PNB Account with Aadhar through the online method, you can choose the offline method. Follow this process to Link Aadhar with Punjab National Bank Account offline:
- Visit the nearby Punjab National Bank branch.
- Get an Aadhaar Seeding Form from the counter.
- Fill in all the necessary information asked in the form.
- Attach a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card and Bank Passbook
- Hand over this form to the bank executive. They might ask you for the original Aahaar Card for verification purposes.
- After that bank executive will process your request, and after that, they will provide you with an acknowledgment slip.
- You can use this slip to check your Bank Aadhar Link Status.
PNB Aadhar Link through ATM
You will need your ATM card to link Aadhar with the PNB bank account. Follow these steps to link your PNB Account with your Aadhar Card through ATM:
Step 1: Visit your nearby PNB ATM booth.
Step 2: Swipe your card on the machine and fill out your pin carefully and correctly.
Step 3: Now tap the “Other Services” option from the home screen and choose “Aadhaar Number Registration.”
Step 4: Enter your 12-digit unique identification number and press the “Proceed” button.
Step 5: Re-enter your 12-digit unique identification number for Aadhaar verification and click the “Proceed” button.
Step 6: After that, choose your account type: Saving or Current.
Step 7: After completing these steps, you will get a confirmation message on the ATM screen.
Final Words on PNB Aadhar Link
The PNB Aadhar Link process is very easy. A PNB Bank account holder can use their bank account with Aadhar using multiple methods. In this article, I have shared all the possible ways to Link PNB Bank Account with an Aadhaar card. You can choose any one method which is suitable for you.
I hope this article helped all the readers. You can also check out some other Aadhar Link Processes using these Links:
|Link Aadhar with PAN
|Link Aadhar with Voter ID
|Link Aadhar With Driving Licence
|Link Aadhar with Bank Account
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How can I link my Aadhar card with PNB online?
Ans. You can link your Aadhar card with PNB online using PNB official website/PNB Net Banking/SMS.
Q. How can I know my Aadhar card linked with Bank?
Ans. To check whether your Aadhar is linked with the Bank or not:
1. Visit Residents UIDAI Portal.
2. Click the ‘Check Aadhaar/Bank Seeding Status’ link under the “Aadhaar Services” section.
3. Enter Your 12 digits Aadhar number, and you will get details on linked bank accounts with your Aadhar card.
Q. How can I link my Aadhar card with bank account by SMS?
Ans. Aadhar Card holders can link their Bank account with Aadhar through SMS. Type a message in this format: ‘UID’ <space> your Aadhaar number <space> your bank account number> and then send it to 567676. Send this message with your registered mobile number only.