UIDAI Aadhar Card is a unique identity that UIDAI provides for residents of India. Aadhar Card is a very useful document for every citizen of India. The UIDAI (i.e. Unique Identification Authority of India) is the body that controls, issues, and provides services related to Aadhar Card in India. Any individual person of India irrespective of age and gender, may voluntarily apply to obtain an Aadhaar number.
Person who wants to apply for an Aadhar Card has to provide minimal demographic and biometric information during the enrolment process. The UIDAI Aadhar Card enrollment process is totally free of cost.
Aadhar Number: After successfully completing the required verification steps, the UIDAI (“Authority”) issues 12-digit random Aadhaar numbers to Indian citizens. It is distinct and durable enough to eliminate duplication and false identities. It can be used as a primary identity to roll out numerous government welfare schemes and programs for effective service delivery, while encouraging transparency and good governance.
Key Facts About Aadhar Card and UIDAI
- The UIDAI has issued 135.1071 crore Aadhaar numbers to the residents of India, As on 30th November 2022.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is the legislative body for all Aadhar Card Services in India.
- UIDAI was established under the provisions of the Aadhaar Act, 2016 (“Aadhaar Act 2016”) on 12 July 2016 by the Government of India.
- UIDAI was established to issue Unique Identification numbers (UID), named as “Aadhaar”, to all citizens of India.
- UIDAI controls the Aadhar Enrolment, Authentication, Management, developing the policy, procedure, and system for issuing Aadhaar numbers to individuals, operation and management at all stages of Aadhaar life cycle, and performing authentication Security of the Identity Information of Individuals, etc.
Benefits of UIDAI Aadhar Card
There are several benefits of Aadhar. Aadhaar has benefited a common person in several ways, some of the benefits are as following:
- Aadhaar has empowered almost every citizen of India with a widely trusted verifiable identity.
- Aadhar Card plays an important role while opening a Bank Account because it helps in KYC or identification and authentication.
- Aadhar helps Indian citizens in the procedure of getting a Passport.
- UIDAI Aadhar Card is very useful for availing govt subsidies or programmes.
- Aadhar Card is a Portable identity with which people can easily prove their identity for jobs, travel and services like bank accounts, gas connections, mobile SIMs etc.
- Aadhar card made banking services easily accessible for people who live in villages, with the Aadhaar-enabled Payment System (AePS).
- Aadhar Card became more useful to get access to DigiLocker, Linking of Voter ID, Digital Life Certificate, Jan Dhan Yojana, Other Govt Schemes, Ease of Provident Funds.
- With an Aadhar card a person can easily open a trading and investment account with Aadhar KYC service.
- ‘Link PAN with Aadhar’ scheme helped the Govt to keep an eye black money.
Aadhaar Services available at Aadhaar Seva Kendra
Aadhaar Seva Kendra (ASK) provides a comfortable air conditioned environment to residents. All ASK are wheel-chair friendly, which is helpful for disabled citizens. All Aadhar Seva Kendra have special provisions to service the elderly or specially-abled. ASK are open all 7 days of the week from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Followings are the services a citizen can avail at Aadhar Seva Kendra:
- New Aadhaar enrolment
- Name Update/Aadhar Name change
- Aadhar Address Update
- Aadhar Mobile No. Update
- Aadhaar Card Email ID Update
- Date of Birth Update in Aadhar Card
- Gender Update in Aadhar Card
- Biometric (Photo + Fingerprints + Iris) Update
Aadhar Services You can Avail Online
There are several services available at UIDAI Aadhar Portal. A citizen can use these services by himself for Aadhar Card Download Online. Here is a list of services that can be availed by a user online on Aadhar Card UIDAI Portal:
- User can update Demographic Data in Aadhar Card (Name, DOB, Gender, Address)
- Check Aadhar Card Status (Aadhar Update Status/Enrollment Status)
- Download Aadhar Card/ Download e-Aadhar
- Order PVC Aadhar Card Online
- Number/ Email/ Mobile Number Verification in Aadhar Card
- Paperless Aadhar e-KYC
- Lock/ Unlock Biometrics
- Check Aadhar Update History
UIDAI Aadhar Card Services Direct Links
|Aadhar Services||Related Link|
|Locate an Enrolment Center (All Services)||Click Here|
|Book Appointment for Aadhar Seva Kendra||Click Here|
|Aadhar Enrolment Form & List of Documents||Click Here|
|Download e Aadhar Card||Click Here|
|Retrieve Forgot UID/ EID||Click Here|
|Order PVC Aadhar Card Online||Click Here|
|Check PVC Aadhar Card Status Online||Click Here|
|Aadhar Card Update (Name, DOB, Gender, Address)||Click Here|
|Check Aadhar Card Status (New or Update Status)||Click Here|
|Verify Your Aadhar Number||Click Here|
|Verify Email/ Mobile in Aadhar||Click Here|
|Virtual ID (VID) Generator||Click Here|
|Aadhar Paperless Offline e-KYC||Click Here|
|Lock/ Unlock Biometrics||Click Here|
|Check Aadhar & Bank Linking Status||Click Here|
|Link Aadhar Card With PAN||Click Here|
|Check PAN & Aadhar Card Link Status||Click Here|
|Download m Aadhar App (Play Store/ Android)||Click Here|
|Download m Aadhar App (App Store/ Apple)||Click Here|
|UIDAI Official Website @uidai.gov.in||Click Here|
FAQs for UIDAI Aadhar Card Update and Services
❓ How to get a new Aadhar Card?
Ans. A citizen has to visit Aadhar Seva Kendra to get an Aadhar card for the first time. At ASK you can avail Aadhar Card enrolment/Registration service.
❓ How to Apply for Aadhar Card?
Ans. A citizen has to visit the Aadhar Seva Kendra to apply for the Aadhar Card. There is no way to apply online for Aadhar Card.
❓ Which documents are required for Aadhar Card enrolment?
Ans. For Aadhar enrollment fill up an application form and to submit Aadhar application form you will need documents like ID Proof, Address Proof, Relationship Proof, Date of Birth Document.
❓ What is the age limit for Aadhar Card enrolment?
Ans. There is no age limit for Aadhar application.
❓ What is the e Aadhar password?
Ans. To open e Aadhar Password pdf use the first 4 letters of your name in CAPITAL and the year of birth (YYYY) as password. For Example:
➡️ Name: RAJESH SHARMA
➡️ Year of Birth: 1988
➡️ Password: RAJE1990