Baal Aadhaar Card | Blue Aadhaar Card – Aadhaar Card is India’s primary identity document. It contains multiple pieces of information including your fingerprints, address, contact details, and other personal information along with a unique 12-digit number, also known as the Aadhaar or UID number. It is required for several administrative and government purposes.
Until 2018, this facility was unavailable for newborns or children below the age of 5 years. This changed when the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) launched the Aadhaar Card for children, known as the Baal Aadhaar card or Blue Aadhaar Card. The Baal Aadhaar card is designed specifically for children and comes in blue. This article will describe a Baal Aadhaar card and compare it to the original.
What is a Baal Aadhaar card and How is it Different?
A Baal Aadhaar card is a special type of Aadhaar card issued to children below 5 years of age. Unlike the original Aadhar card, it does not require an iris and fingerprint scan of the child. Instead, it contains a unique 12-digit identification number and comes in a blue shade.
Parents have to update the card once the child turns five. The validity of the Baal Aadhaar card is five years, but can be extended following the prescribed guidelines. The government does not charge anything for children to update their information to their Aadhaar details.
Documents Required for Baal Aadhaar card
When applying for a Baal Aadhaar card, original documents are required for authentication. It is also important to bring a photocopy of these documents with you. The child whose Baal Aadhaar card is being made must also be present at the time of registration.
Followings are the Documents required for Baal Aadhaar Card:
- The birth certificate of the child
- The Aadhaar cards of both parents
- Address proof such as a ration card, or a voter ID
- And if the child is in school, a school ID will also be required.
It is important to ensure that all of these documents are up to date and valid.
Baal Aadhaar Card Online Registration – Blue Aadhaar Card Registration Process
Here are the steps to register your child for a Baal Aadhaar card:
- Gather important documents: Collect your Aadhaar card, address proof, and the child’s birth certificate.
- Visit an Aadhaar enrollment centre: Find an Aadhaar enrollment centre near you and take your child along with the collected documents.
- Fill out the Aadhaar enrollment form: Obtain the Aadhaar enrollment form and fill it out with your and your child’s details. You will also need to provide your Aadhaar number details.
- Provide an active phone number: The form requires an active phone number to get a confirmation message.
- Provide a photograph: Your child’s photograph will be taken at the center.
- Document verification process: Your documents will be verified by the authorities.
- Acknowledgement slip: Once the verification process is complete, don’t forget to collect the acknowledgement slip.
- Wait for issuance: Your Baal Aadhaar card should be issued within 60 days of completing the enrollment process.
These steps will help you to successfully register your child for a Baal Aadhaar card.
If you want to know more about where to find an Aadhaar enrollment center, you can check for the nearest one on UIDAI’s official web portal. Additionally, you can also check the list of documents required for this application on UIDAI’s website. Finally, you can apply for the UIDAI Blue Aadhaar Card online from UIDAI’s official website – https://uidai.gov.in/.
How to check the Child Aadhaar Card Status
Checking the status of your Blue Aadhaar Card is a simple process. To check the status of your Aadhaar card, you can visit UIDAI website from desktop or mobile. Follow the steps below to check the status of your blue Aadhar card.
- The first step is to visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Once you are on the website, click on the option of “Check Aadhar Status” in the section of “Get Aadhar”
- Now, on the new page, click on the “Check Enrolment & Update status” option.
- On the next page, you will be asked for your Enrollment ID, SRN or URN.
- Fill in the Details with captcha to proceed.
As soon as you click on the “Submit” button, your Aadhar card status will appear on the screen.
Baal Aadhaar Card Download Process
To download your child’s Aadhar card, You need to carefully follow the steps given below:
- First, go to the official website of Baal Aadhar Card at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Once there, click on the “Download Aadhar” option in the “Get Aadhar” section.
- Once after you click on the “Download Aadhar” link, You will see a new set of options; select “Download Aadhar” from the options.
- You will be prompted to enter your Aadhar number/Enrolment ID/Virtual ID along with the captcha.
- Enter the information correctly, then click on the “Send OTP” option
- Now, A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your mobile number, which you must enter in order to continue.
Once you have entered the OTP, you’ll be able to download your Blue Aadhar card successfully.
The Baal Aadhaar card is a unique identification document designed specifically for children under five years of age. Unlike the standard Aadhaar card, it does not require biometric information and comes in a blue color. To apply for a Baal Aadhaar card, parents must provide the required documents and visit an Aadhaar enrollment center.
It is important to note that the Baal Aadhaar card is valid for five years, and it must be updated once the child turns five. If you have a child under five, don’t hesitate to apply for their Blue Aadhaar card to ensure their identification documents are up to date.
FAQs for Baal Aadhaar Card UIDAI
Q: What is the Baal Aadhaar card age limit?
Ans. The Blue Aadhaar card is for children below five years of age.
Q. What is Baal Aadhaar Card minimum age?
Ans. There is no minimum Age limit for Baal Aadhaar Card.
Q: How much does a Baal Aadhaar card cost?
Ans. The Blue Aadhaar card is issued by the government for free.
Q: What Documents are required for a Baal Aadhaar card?
Ans. The documents needed for a Blue Aadhaar card are the child’s birth certificate, the Aadhaar cards of both parents, address proof, and a school ID if applicable.
1 thought on “Baal Aadhaar Card 2023: A new type of Aadhaar Card Launched by UIDAI for Children”